“Model effective classroom management and collaborative learning strategies to maximize teacher and student use of digital tools and resources and access to technology-rich learning environments.“
- My cohort and I created a professional development session to help educators in developing helpful strategies for classroom managements. In particular, we focused on promoting student agency by encouraging–if possible–a BYOD classroom environment.
- In particular, we created three handouts (see pp. 14-17 in evidence below):
- 1: strategies for educators to use at the beginning of the school year;
- 2: strategies for educators to use throughout the year; and
- 3: technology aides to support the educators in their endeavor.
- One essential is for educators to work with institution officials in researching a user agreement (e.g., acceptable use policy). The educator can adapt and integrate into the classroom environment with student involvement which promotes student ownership.
- Another key essential, to use throughout the year, is to facilitate a learning environment that is student-driven in which students promote transparency, ask permission, and disconnect at appropriate times to encourage focused-learning.
Improving Technology Integration with Classroom Management Strategies