“Model and facilitate safe, healthy, legal, and ethical uses of digital information and technologies.“
Digital Readiness Project
- My digital readiness project focuses on safe, healthy, legal, and ethical use of technology.
- I incorporated these components into a digital wisdom badge that could be offered by the Tech Desk. For example, a student who progressed through a digital badge program on digital wisdom would learn these topics including gaining helpful tools and information to navigate life in the digital world and in the classroom.
Modeling Ethical Use of Media
- In my research I located three essential tools to promote the modeling of ethical and legal use of digital assets. These include discussing Haiku Deck as a presentation tool which includes Creative Commons media with automatic attribution, Creative Commons, and Unsplash as an emerging location for professional quality images free to use.
Digital Wisdom for Work Course
- Finally, in the two years I co-taught “Digital Wisdom for Work” in which I taught modules on digital citizenship.
- Digital Identity and Citizenship: including incorporating Mike Ribble’s nine elements (screencast embedded below),
- Digital Identity Formation and Privacy, and
- Digital Reputation and Participation